Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Kickoff

I hope this post will serve as something of a foundation or constitution for this blog - for myself and others to discover (or rediscover) what I envisioned World Soccer, American Perspective to be.

American sports are unique and probably peculiar to the rest of the world. Having grown up in American sports culture, I like to think there are a distinctive set of observations that I have to share in discussing the world’s game.

In other words, I imagine the blog to mostly be a place for thoughtful analysis and discussion of international soccer. But I also envision this as an opportunity to connect with and learn from soccer fans both from the United States and from all over the world. There’s a lot that I am still yet to learn about soccer. I look forward to sharing and discussing what I’ve learned and the things I am yet to learn.

Things this blog WILL be:
·         Analysis of world soccer and the world surrounding it, including but not limited to: matches, media, culture, and fandom.
·         A bridge between American sports culture and world soccer, and the curiosities that result.
·         An opportunity to debate these ideas.

Things this blog will NOT be:
·         A recap of soccer news.  I certainly don’t have ability to keep up with everything.  I’ll stick to discussion of events and trends that pique mine and your interest.
·         A debate of American sports vs. soccer.  I love both and have no interest in putting one down or placing one above the other.

Lastly, a little about me: 

I've been regularly watching world soccer for about six years now and have remained fascinated by the sport throughout.  My favorite club team is Tottenham Hotspur.  I love playing soccer as much as I love watching it.  Please read, comment, and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I really like your idea and I am really looking forward to hear what you have to say about soccer (the american view). I am brazilian, i am a girl hahaha and I have been watching/ following soccer since I was born. My team is Fluminense (one of Rio's big teams) and I love it to death. When it comes to Europe tho, I am a Barcelona fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi nataLia. Thanks for your post! Check back soon for more.

    Great job on your blog by the way, love the design.

    ReplyDelete